The New York Times has announced the dates for their 13th annual Travel Show: January 8–10, 2016, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, the No. 1 marketplace in the world.
The New York Times Travel Show continues to be the premier hybrid travel show in North America, featuring the exclusive Travel Industry Conference and trade-only exhibition, as well as the largest exhibition and educational seminars for consumers.
The 2015 show welcomed a total of 28,442 travelers and industry professionals to a jam-packed three days of travel sales and education. This is a 20 percent increase over the 2014 show! Trade attendance throughout the three days was the highest ever with 8,281 industry professionals attending the Travel Industry Only Day. The Travel Industry Conference had over 125 speakers in 18 Focus Conferences. 40 percent of these speakers were new to the show. The 2015 exhibition increased in size again with more exhibit space sold and an increase in the number of exhibitors with over 545 exhibitors representing over 150 different countries.
Many new features were created for the 2015 show to enhance the attendees’ experience at the show, including:
• “Meet the Experts” area — exclusive area in the exhibition where attendees were able to ask specific questions of more than 60 travel industry experts.
• Industry press announcements — Taking advantage of the record-breaking 710 press and media attendees from around the world, several exhibitors chose to make press announcements at the 2015 show in the new Press Conference Room.
• Expanded education — The number of trade-only education sessions has increased by 50 percent over the last two years, attracting 37 percent more trade attendees than in the 2014 show reflecting a growing interest in selling all types of travel. The number of consumer seminars in 2015 increased by 20 percent and 45 seminars covered a wide range of topics attracting more attendees than 2014.
• Travel industry co-located events — Several organizations provided even more benefit to their attending members by holding their own meetings or receptions in conjunction with the show, including Cruise Planners, Croatian National Tourist Board, Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), the Association for Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA). travAlliance Media hosted its inaugural Travvy Awards at the show’s headquarters hotel, the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.
• All badge show — For the second year in a row, all trade AND consumer attendees were badged with their name and a unique QR code, enabling attendees to request information more easily from exhibitors and exhibitors to leave the show with a database of leads including contact information. New for 2015, every exhibitor was given a free lead-retrieval app to help gather leads. Several hundred exhibitors used the app, generating thousands of leads!!
• Collaborative marketing — In the last two years, the number of show sponsors has doubled, with more than 42 industry and media sponsors providing their support. These organizations collaborated with us in encouraging their members to attend the show.
• New and expanded features — always an attendee favorite, the Taste of the World, sponsored by the Italian National Tourist Board, show-cased an expanded group of celebrated chefs and culinary personalities. In addition to the Taste of the World, 2015 saw the launch of the Kids Kitchen area, sponsored by Spoons Across America. The Kids Kitchen was a special culinary stage, where hundreds of kids watched cooking demos and experiments, sampled international foods, learned about nutritious eating and local sourcing and participated in cooking classes. The Kids Kitchen featured special celebrity
guests, attracting a large audience. CLICK HERE for further information on these events.
Make plans now to exhibit at the largest and most comprehensive trade and consumer travel show in North America in 2016!
The dates are:
January 27–29, 2017
January 26–28, 2018
January 25–27, 2019
For more information
Call: (203) 622-7081 or (800) 322-9332
Or e-mail: email@example.com