Two of Sabi Sand Reserves’ finest lodges – Savanna and Dulini – are working together to offer their shared guests the opportunity to shun the traditional vehicle transfer, in favour of taking a wilder, more adventurous approach and walking through the game-rich Sabi Sand, between the two lodges.
These adventurous walkers will enjoy the thrill of getting up close to fauna, flora, birdlife and wildlife. Guests do not need to be super-fit, as the pace will be leisurely and the experience will take approximately 6 hours, including a light bush breakfast, served around the 8km point. Should the guests wish to opt out here and be transported the remainder of the way, they are free to do so.
The experience of exploring areas rarely visited by vehicle, is guaranteed to fascinate and excite guests, who will be walking through this big game environment under the safe guidance of our specially-trained rangers and trackers. They will have the chance to marvel at some of the smaller, but no less impressive creatures, which can only be fully appreciated when travelling through the bush on foot.
In order to take part in this walking adventure, guests will be required to spend a minimum of 2 nights at each lodge. Combined, these camps highlight the very best that the Sabi Sand can offer, going far beyond the luxurious accommodation. The exceptional guiding and breath-taking walk will bring guests closer to nature – an experience that will never be forgotten. Both lodges boast exceptionally high standards of luxury and service but each has its own unique atmosphere and identity, providing two totally different experiences within the Sabi Sand Reserve.
The need to know:
- Guests must spend a minimum of 2 nights at each lodge in order to take part in this walk.
- The walk is approximately 13 km long and guests should wear appropriate shoes for this distance and off-road terrain.
A· light breakfast and refreshments will be served after about 8km.
- Guests will be required to carry their own water (bottles supplied by the lodge).
- The walks will be available only between the months of May- October and must be requested on booking.
- Groups will consists of no more than 8 guests per walk.
- Responsible children aged 16 years and older are welcome.
- Guests will be accompanied by an armed, qualified ranger and tracker.
There is no additional charge· for this walk.
Contact your preferred African specialist for more information and bookings.