In an attempt to modernise and streamline tourist arrivals and reduce congestion and delays, most particularly in Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, the Kenyan government has decided to move tourism visas online.
As of 1 September 2015, all visa applicants will be required to apply and pay online for visas to enter Kenya.
Visitors travelling to Kenya, who were previously eligible to purchase a visa on arrival, will now be required to purchase a visa online in advance of travel.
Passengers will be asked to produce a printed copy of the e-visa on check-in.
The following overview describes the application process:
- Click register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
• Select Register as a visitor.
• Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services.
• Select Submit Application.
• Select Kenyan Visa
• Select the type of Visa and read the instructions carefully.
• Complete the application form.
• Pay, using Visa Card, Mastercard or other debit cards.
• Await approval via email then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
• Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
The visas will be processed and sent online to applicant (s). The applicant (s) will then be required to print out the approved visa and present it to an Immigration Officer at the point of entry.