Blood Lions says it is proud to be able to launch the “Born to Live Wild” pledge, which has become a central part of what the overall campaign is trying to achieve.
It announced that as a follow on from the initial pledge ‘document’, a new page has been added to the website, where an official “Born to Live Wild” logo can be downloaded and all partners, who have already committed to actively being part of the solution.
Those who have joined the pledge include National Geographic, African Bush Camps, Thompsons Africa, Singita, & Beyond, Asilia Africa and Sanctuary Retreats.
Fair Trade Tourism recently took the decision to work with prominent NGOs and tourism industry stakeholders to revise and implement new criteria focussed on “voluntourism” involving vulnerable people and wildlife interaction – finalising an extensive review of criteria for tourism businesses with volunteer offerings, which came into effect from June 1 2016.
Travel and Tourism operators who want to join the Born to Live Wild” pledge can click here and subscribe to the vital actions from the international travel and tourism industries, as set out below:
1. To not knowingly book or otherwise support any breeder or operator that contributes to the cycle of breeding, exploitation and senseless killing of predators. This includes all petting and ‘walking with lion’ facilities.
2. To continue our support and promotion of the formal conservation community in their endeavours to secure the survival of Africa’s predators in the wild. Without wild lions and the rest of the predator guild extant in functioning ecosystems, there will be no African tourism industry; a calamitous situation for many economies.
3. To continue in our own endeavours towards wildlife conservation and economic development wherever we operate across Africa.
4. To continue supporting an ethical and responsible interaction with Africa’s wilderness and wild animals.
5. To continue promoting Africa as an authentic, wild and rewarding tourism destination.