The UNWTO – IIPT Global Summit website is now open for registration at: http://unwto.iiptsummit.org/.
- The official conference of the UN International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development will begin with the Welcoming Reception on Sunday evening, September 17.
- On Monday morning, 18 September, the Opening Ceremony will take place.
- The Summit will continue on Monday and Tuesday, 18 and 19 September, ending with a Gala dinner on Tuesday evening.
- As the Summit is an official event of the UN International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, the UNWTO-IIPT Global Summit will feature plenary sessions in which world leaders and leaders of the travel and tourism industry will address attendees on the contribution of travel and tourism to key global issues related to sustainable development and peace.
On Sunday, 17 September, the International Conferences and Summits’ customary International Educators Forum; International Student/Youth Leadership Forum; and a meeting of the IIPT Global Family will take place, chaired by IIPT Chairman, Mr. Timothy Marshall..
- IIPT will also continue with a Global Summit program on Wednesday, 20 September, until noon on Thursday 21 September, the UN International Day of Peace.
- Following the closing plenary session, the UN International Day of Peace will be commemorated with the dedication of an International Peace Park in Montreal, as a legacy of the Summit.
Both UNWTO and IIPT are proud to return to the City, Province and Nation that hosted the IIPT Global Conference: Building a Sustainable World through Tourism, the first major international Conference on Sustainable Tourism, in 1994.
As 2017 marks the 150th Birthday of Canada, and the 375th birthday of Montreal, what could be more appropriate than for the IIP to commemorate its 30th Anniversary year by returning to the place of its birth?