Twenty years ago, Volcanoes Safaris was the first company to set up simple camps around the gorilla parks. Today, we are the leading luxury lodge company in Rwanda and Uganda and run four luxury lodges:
(Kyambura Gorge Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Mount Gahinga Lodge, Virunga Lodge) and specialize in great ape safaris to the mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in Uganda and Rwanda.
Throughout 2017, our focus will fall on improving our guest experience, service and luxury amenities at our lodges in Rwanda and Uganda.
These improvements will include:
– improved food and canape menu, and premium wines, whiskeys, and cocktails for purchase;
– renovation and expansion of guest lounge and dining areas at Virunga. The refurbished public rooms place the accent on vibrant Rwandese fabrics and stylish locally- inspired furniture;
– a complete refurbishment of Bwindi public areas and bedrooms. The Afro-chic style is accentuated by English floral motifs
– relaunched massage menu across all lodges, featuring the traditional African “Rungu” massage with a eucalyptus Masai warrior Rungu club – perfect for those looking for an authentic and relaxing African massage;
– more safari vehicles, based at Bwindi and Kyambura Lodges, to offer shared and private airstrip transfers at Bwindi Lodge and Kyambura and game safaris in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
In Uganda, we recommend that guests fly to airstrips near the lodges and be transferred by our safari vehicles. In Rwanda we offer overland or flying safaris to Virunga Lodge.
Please check out our recently relaunched website, which includes images of the newly built Dian Fossey Map Room at Virunga Lodge, available for private functions. The stunning new room pays homage to the explorers and conservationists of the Virunga Volcanoes o yesteryear through a special exhibition of maps, portraits, and artefacts.