EcoTraining- (ecotraining.co.za) Guides & Guardians is offering two training programs in Kenya this year, in addition to their courses offered in South Africa and Botswana.
MASAI MARA ECOQUEST is an immersive educational safari course timed to co-inside with the world-famous animal migrations in the Mara and neighboring Serengeti Plains. During the courses, wildlife enthusiasts learn how to conduct drives and wilderness walks, and gain exposure to the fascinating three-way relationship between wildlife, local communities and conservation efforts in the Mara.
Among the general topics covered by EcoTraining experts are:
* Introduction to ecology
* Animal tracks and tracking
* Birding and plant identification
* Animal behavior
* Mara-specific teachings include:
Mara-specific teachings include:
* Wildlife cohabitating with communities, cattle and crops
* Conflict between pastoralists and wildlife competing for the same space and food
* Community schools and sports amid the Mara conservancies
* Conservation models involving cattle in wildlife areas
* The rhino sanctuary
EcoTraining’s wilderness education center is located alongside the Mara River between local villages and wildlife areas. Participants must be aged 16 plus, in good health and able to walk at least 2 km. For course dates and information on the The KENYA SAFARI GUIDE course continue reading at emergingdestinations.com/ecotraining-goes-to-kenya/