Confirming the Airline’s Status Amongst the Best Airlines in the World
South African Airways (SAA), the national flag carrier of South Africa, has maintained a Skytrax™ 4-Star rating, in both Business and Economy Class, for a 16th consecutive year. The Skytrax™ rating signifies that South African Airways’ product and service standards on long-haul, regional and domestic flights continue to perform at the high standard that meets 4-Star levels.
As measured along-side many international carriers throughout the world, a 4-Star rating indicates airlines that are providing a good standard of product and staff services across all customer-facing categories. These measurements include cabin seating, safety standards, cabin cleanliness, comfort amenities, catering, tax-free onboard sales, reading material in-flight entertainment and staff service. Skytrax™ 4-Star rating of SAA also included the airline’s new Airbus A330-300 aircraft which was noted for its comforts in Premium Business Class, with fully flat-bed seats that offer direct aisle access for all customers, and the spacious Economy Class with increased legroom and enhanced in-flight entertainment.
“We are honored to, once again, receive the Skytrax ™ 4-Star rating, as it is a tribute to the high-level of world-class service that the people of South African Airways continued to deliver to our customers each and every day”, said Todd Neuman, executive vice president of South African Airways in North America. “We are committed to always looking for ways to enhance our service offering for our customers and receiving this rating for 16 consecutive years further validates our position as the leading carrier on the African continent.”
SAA’s Skytrax™ 4-Star rating is in addition to other awards that SAA has recently received including;
- SAA honored by Skytrax™ as “Best Airline Staff in Africa” at the 2017 World Airline Awards
- SAA recognized as “Best Airline in Africa” and “Best Business Class to Africa” by Business Travel magazine
- SAA awarded “Best Airline to Africa” by the readers of Global Traveler magazine
- SAA named “Favorite Airline in Africa” by Trazee Travel’s millennial readers in North America
- SAA honored with five premier Magellan Awards from Travel Weekly, one of the leading travel trade publications in the U.S.:
- Gold Award for Airline Marketing – Promotional Video
- Gold Award for Tour Operator – Marketing Consumer Collateral
- Silver Award for Tour Operator Marketing
- Silver Award for Airline – Overall International Carrier
- Silver Award for Tour Operator – Marketing Trade Collateral
For Reservations and information, customers should visit www.flysaa.com or contact South African Airways at (800) 722-9675.