As the home to one of the world’s oldest ecosystems and with the greatest concentration of plains in Africa, Serengeti National Park showcases the beauty of nature, wildlife and local culture, all of which Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti is looking to promote through its new Heart of Serengeti package.
In this new four-day offering, guests will have the opportunity to not only witness magnificent wildlife sightings, but also to connect with local communities and engage with a number of conservation and community initiatives being supported by Four Seasons to discover the Serengeti through the eyes of those who know it best.
The four-day, three-night, Heart of Serengeti package is available on a full board basis with the below inclusions:
- Full day game drive to Mugumu for a visit to a local Safe House and Maasai Village, with picnic lunch – In this journey north-west through the Park, animal sightings will be complemented by the chance to meet some of the young women at the Hope for Girls Safe House in Mugumu that is supported by Four Seasons, which provides shelter to 60 girls at risk of female genital mutilation (FGM). The excursion also incorporates a visit to a traditional Maasai village to discover more about their way of life.
- Full day game drive to the Moru Kopjes, with picnic lunch – A region in the south of the Park, this area is home to the endangered black rhino and on this game drive, guests may have the good fortune to witness a sighting of this elusive creature.
- Guided Walking Safari – Embark on a step by step discovery of the Serengeti to uncover knowledge about medicinal plants, animal tracks and insects, guided by the Lodge’s Resident Naturalist and accompanied by a Maasai warrior and park ranger.
- Camera trap set up with the Lodge’s Discovery Centre team – Place a “camera trap” disguised in the grounds around the Lodge to capture photos of any passing wildlife during the course of a stay and review resulting images with the Discovery Centre team.
- “Heart of the House” tour of the Lodge – A chance for guests to discover the behind-the-scenes at the Lodge to learn how power is generated; to pay a visit to the water treatment plant and find out how drinking water is purified at the water bottling plant; to witness restaurant meals coming to life in the Lodge kitchens; to visit the housekeeping department and engineering workshop; and to gain an insider’s view of the Lodge’s employee relaxation areas.
- Return ground transfers from Seronera Airstrip.
The Lodge’s support for local community and conservation projects is made possible by the Discovery Centre Fund, which receives contributions from every Four Seasons game drive, walking safari, select boutique items and guest donations. The Fund is used in support of projects in and around the Serengeti and includes the Serengeti Lion Project, the Serengeti Cheetah Project and Frankfurt Zoological Society and Tanzanian National Parks Authority’s (TANAPA) Serengeti De-Snaring Project. A USD 250 donation will be made to the Discovery Centre Fund for every booking made for the new Heart of Serengeti package.
Resort Manager of Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti Justin Stevens says: “We are privileged to enjoy the location that we do in the centre of the Serengeti National Park and as such, we place a great deal of focus on engaging the Lodge – guests and employees – in environmentally, socially and economically sustainable practices that conserve natural resources, reduce the Lodge’s environmental impact, and help protect the Serengeti National Park and the communities within and surrounding it. We have developed this new package to help guests engage with some of our key initiatives and to increase support, awareness and funding for these vital projects.”
Thanks to the initiatives put in place by Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti, in 2018 the Lodge was recognized for its ongoing support of conservation and the community in the first ever Responsible Tourism Tanzania Awards 2018, being a winner in the Best Resource Efficiency category and a runner-up for Best in Community Support and Local Development and Best in Female Employment and Gender Support.
To book or for more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org