South African Airways is implementing the re-accommodation policy due to the ongoing industrial action by SACCA (South African Cabin Crew Association) and NUMSA (National Union of Metal Workers of South Africa).
- All SAA international flights to/from New York-JFK, Washington, DC-Dulles, London, Frankfurt, Munich, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Perth were restored by Monday, November 18 and continue to operate as scheduled.
- SAA reinstated service to the following six regional destinations in Africa on Tuesday, November 19 and these flight continued to operate as scheduled.
Accra / Harare / Lagos / Lusaka / Maputo / Windhoek
- Effective Thursday, November 21, SAA is reinstating limited flights in the following South Africa domestic markets:
o Johannesburg – Cape Town (2 Flights)
o Johannesburg – Durban (1 Flight)
- All other SAA domestic flights within South Africa, not listed above, remain cancelled through Friday, November 22. However, our sister carrier Mango Airlines, has added additional service to accommodate SAA customers.
- Effective Thursday, November 21, SAA is reinstating service to / from Victoria Falls
- This industrial action does not impact flights at Mango (SA #2000 – #2999) or our domestic and regional airline partners, South African Express (SA #1000 – #1999), Airlink (SA #8000 – #8999) or other code share partners with flight series (SA #7000 – 7999).